Basil Mushroom Pizza Recipe
A delicious Basil Mushroom Pizza featuring Soda City Vendors Anson Mills and Lowcountry Olive Oil.
Write a review
Soda City Ingredients
- (1) Anson Mills White Bread Flour (2 lbs pack)
- (1) Anson Mills Yellow Cornmeal (12 oz pack)
- Handful of Livingston Farms white mushrooms
- (1) Lowcountry Olive Oil "Rosemary Garlic Olive Oil" (12.7 fl. oz bottle)
Store Bought Ingredients
- 16 oz distilled water
- Active dry yeast
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- Basil Leaves
- Mozzarella & Parmesan cheese
- Mix 1/4 C warm water, pinch of sugar, and 1 pack of active dry yeast in small bowl, let sit for 15 min.
- Mix 5 1/2 cups of Anson Mills White Flour in a large bowl, add a pinch of sugar and a dash of salt.
- Add 16 oz of distilled water, yeast mixture, and 1 tbsp Lowcountry Olive Oil Rosemary Garlic Olive Oil to the flour mixture.
- Knead the dough with your hands for 15 minutes, adding small amounts of flour to keep it from sticking.
- Once ready (smooth and bounces back into shape if pressed with a finger), place the ball of dough in a bowl and leave at room temp for 6 hours, covered with a moist towel.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set in fridge overnight (8 hours).
- Preheat your oven to 500F, and place your pizza steel on a lowered rack.
- Take dough out of fridge and flatten into a 16" traditional pizza shape on a wooden pizza cutting board. Once shaped, carefully lift the dough to sprinkle cornmeal on your wood cutting board, and lower the dough on top of the cornmeal.
- Spread Lowcountry "Rosemary Garlic" Olive Oil over the entire surface of the pizza dough.
- Blend 16 oz tomato sauce and 6 oz tomato paste in a blender, then evenly coat the top, leaving 1/2" around the perimeter for the crust.
- Generously sprinkle grated Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the red sauce.
- Add sliced "Livingston Farms" White Mushrooms, basil leaves, and a pinch of ground pepper as toppings.
- Slide pizza on top of the pizza steel, let bake for 15 minutes or until the surface becomes golden brown.
Soda City https://sodacitysc.com/